Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Yang Berbahagia PAKCIK ...

What a beautiful morning it was..the birds were singing..a breeze of morning air caress my face, ahhh nice..indeed, Yes, everything seems so perfect. I started my day by sending my children to their school. Then headed to Oldtown for my morning breakfast before going to my scheduled medical appointment at a local hospital here. After spending almost the whole day at the hospital, I went to my daugther's school to buy her a new workbook that I promised sometime ago.

I asked the bookstore lady if the workbook is still available, she then mentioned that I need to purchase it directly from my daughter’s classroom teacher. Thanking her among the crowded school children at the bookstore counter, I walked off, as I was walking, I heard a girl calling somebody from behind, "pakcik! pakcik! pakcik!". Hmm..I said to myself why on earth does the old man did not answer the poor girl's calling.

Suddenly, I felt a small hand grabbing my elbow from behind, I turned around, the little girl smiled and said "pakcik!". OMG! dark clouds rained on me with lightning strikes!!! that pakcik is me!!! It turned out, the little girl (a prefect by the way) overheard my conversation at the bookstore, she then directed me to another teacher that could also provide the same workbook. I could felt my ears were bleeding profusely every time she said " pakcik!..cikgu tu dalam bilik guru, pakcik! nak saya tolong tunjukkan? pakcik!, sini pakcik! pakcik! pakcik!, pakcik! dengar tak ni?"

I could barely walked straight every time I heard the word "pakcik"..it was like being electrocuted with the Taser Gun. Now I know how every 'pakciks' felt the first time they are honoured with this title. Sure as hell a rude shock there..all the while I always thought that I got this so called youthful look and still thinking I'm young, until that very dreadful day. Okay..knock! knock! Mr Reality is here, here is the news..you're OLD..your youth? well..he had enough! here you go..your Datukship..or should I say your "Pakcikship".

If only the little girl knew, that she had made a history for me that day, anyway I'm sure she will become a fine person one day. She sure is a gifted child, she got talent in picking the right choice of word and of course such an adorable helping hand, assisting the helpless pakcik like me.

As for me, yeah life goes on, it took me sometime to digest this new vocab and register it into my brain, but finally it did. We got to move forward right? so I take this title in stride and pride!! and try to get use to it, more and more kids will call me 'pakcik' from now on..heck! I even walk differently now, more like a pakciks species. To all those pakciks out there, here is another member in your club!

No comments:

Post a Comment